The goal of our Chinese schools is to promote Chinese culture, provide Chinese language training, and to help students develop good character traits.
There are 20 Pui Ying Chinese Schools in Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby and Coquitlam, with more than 1,000 students. Each school offers various Chinese programs, including Cantonese, Mandarin (Traditional or Simplified characters), and Conversation classes. Each school is managed by our experienced principals.
- Use textbooks and teaching materials that are designed to suit the needs and level of local students.
- Utilize interactive teaching methods and activities to motivate students’ learning incentive. Activities such as: recital, skit, storytelling, oral composition, conversational exercise, and public speaking are used to reinforce learning.
- Train students to use the language with proficiency.
- Assist students to develop positive character traits and values.
- Employ qualified and experienced teachers for quality teaching. Conferences and training workshops are held to upgrade teachers’ teaching skills.
- Provide students with storybooks for extra-curricular learning and encourage them to participate in community events that allow them to practice more Chinese.
- Invite parents to participate in the Parents Advisory Committee and contribute their suggestions to improve our schools.